What is Cite While You Write (CWYW)?
How do I get Cite While You Write (CWYW)?
If the EndNote toolbar tab does not appear in Microsoft Word 2018:
1. In Microsoft Word, go to the EndNote tab, then locate the "Style" setting. Select the appropriate output style (JAMA, APA, etc.)
2. Place you cursor in your paper where you wish to insert an in-text citation
3. Then click "Insert Citation" in the Microsoft Word EndNote tab
4. Enter a search term in the search box. This can be author's name, word in a title, journal name, etc. Press return or enter on your keyboard.
5. Highlight the citation you wish to insert, then click "Insert"
6. EndNote should insert the in-text citation in your Word document and add the reference at the appropriate place in your paper
When using CWYW, references will be imported based on the selected output style in Word. If your output style doesn't look as expected:
1. Make sure you have downloaded the most up to date output style from EndNote online
2. Make sure EndNote Desktop is updated
1. In Microsoft Word, go to the EndNote X8 tab.
2. Click on the "Bibliography" button, then click "Configure Bibliography."
3. Click the "Layout" tab, then change the font, size, spacing, and indents as appropriate for your style.